ASP-DotNet Problem

GN

I have to design a web application in ASP DotNet Environment.

A corporate user logins and the privileged-based menu/side bar are created.
While clicking on menu he will be allowed to perform business related
operations on the same single page (for multiple objects).

In my last designs for these types of applications, I used to handle these
operations through XMLHttp calling while staying at the same page. Each
object/Link call to server brought the data which then is transformed for
operations. The corresponding operations results are shown to user there &
then. All I had to do was to handle each piece of code my way. It works for
my live systems since years.

Now what i want to do is same plus some more of it. I don't want to do all
that coding again (if i, what's Dot Net for).

In Dot Net if I had to place a single server-side control (with ispostback
property=true) my whole page posts & redraws each time, with all
corresponding set of client side code (even if I handle page.ispostback)etc.
I thought to use frames, but it seems to be discouraging effort, as lot of
my generalize libraries will travel b/w each time for each object/link.

I need a master detail form like structure on single page for multiple
objects.

Can anybody provide me some sort of solution/idea or should I withdraw
myself from Dot Net facilities & use the approach as previously done.

I will appreciate the help in this regard. Thanks in advance.