  1. Hi can someone tell me where I might be able to get some information on creating a dynamic ASP.NET menu which is populated by a database and has child nodes under main catagouries

    I wan to produce something similar to the Microsoft menu system found on www.microsoft.co

    Thanks for any advice!
    =?Utf-8?B?VGltOjouLg==?=, May 19, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGltOjouLg==?=

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    you'll have to build it from the codebehind manually but start at these
    sites perhaps

    http://www.dhtmlcentral.com
    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/
    http://www.alistapart.com/
    http://www.webdavelopment.com/articles/articles/menus1.html

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    www.microsoft.com

    Curt_C [MVP], May 19, 2004

  3. Here are some examples of menu code similar to your description:
    http://www.dnzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=163
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...l/vbwlkwalkthroughcreatingwebusercontrols.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/?pull=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-buildmenuservercontrol.asp

    Or you might consider using a 3rd party menu control such as these:
    http://www.gotdotnet.ca/Demos/WebMenu/
    http://www.solpart.com/techcorner/SolpartMenuHistory.aspx
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

    --