asp error 0126

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mason Myers, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Mason Myers

    Mason Myers Guest

    Here is the code:(current path is /application and _fpclass is a
    subdirectory) <form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"
    onsubmit="return FrontPage_Form1_Validator(this)"
    name="FrontPage_Form1">
    <!--webbot bot="SaveDatabase" startspan suggestedext="asp"
    u-asp-include-url="_fpclass/fpdbform.inc"
    s-dataconnection="founder"
    s-recordsource="Results" u-database-url="fpdb/founder.mdb"
    u-confirmation-url="http://www.gearheadfans.com/paypal.htm"
    s-builtin-fields="REMOTE_HOST HTTP_USER_AGENT Timestamp
    REMOTE_USER"
    s-builtin-dbfields="Remote_computer_name Browser_type
    Timestamp User_name"
    s-form-fields="race5 race6 address birth_year birth_day
    Payment_Type fax email other_phone_number first_name birth_month zip
    phone_number city race1 race2 race3 sex State race4 membership
    last_name"
    s-form-dbfields="race5 race6 address birth_year birth_day
    Payment_Type fax email other_phone_number first_name birth_month zip1
    phone_number city race1 race2 race3 sex State race4 membership
    last_name" --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP"
    VALUE="0"><!--#include virtual="_fpclass/fpdbform.inc"--><!--webbot
    bot="SaveDatabase" endspan --><p>

    I noticed in the the reply from Roland that none of his examples had a
    *.inc file, but rather a *.asp file as the destination. I have tried
    various things, but nothing will allow my site to display.

    Thanks for helping,
    Mason

    Mason Myers, Jan 9, 2004

  2. Mason Myers

    Mason Myers Guest

    Sorry...I clicked "post message" instead of "reply".

    Mason

    Mason Myers, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Mason Myers

    Mason Myers Guest

    Roland,

    The error is:
    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

    Include file not found

    /Default.asp, line 192

    The include file '_fpclass/fpdbform.inc' was not found.

    Thanks,
    Mason

    Mason Myers, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Mason Myers

    Roland Hall Guest

    Hi Mason...

    Thanks for the response. I don't use FP but I will attempt to point out a
    couple of things. It would be nice to see the full error you're getting.
    ASP 0126 Errors tell you the offending line.

    : <!--webbot bot="SaveDatabase" startspan suggestedext="asp"
    : u-asp-include-url="_fpclass/fpdbform.inc"

    This appears to me to be telling the server to accept the .inc include file
    from (relative from current path) _fpclass/fpdbform.inc file as an .asp file
    so .asp code will be processed

[...]

    This is the next include and it is virtual, once again, from the current
    path

    : VALUE="0"><!--#include virtual="_fpclass/fpdbform.inc"--><!--webbot
    : bot="SaveDatabase" endspan --><p>

    : I noticed in the the reply from Roland that none of his examples had a
    : *.inc file, but rather a *.asp file as the destination. I have tried
    : various things, but nothing will allow my site to display.

    I don't think the file extension matters when the file is included, although
    FP may be doing something I'm not aware of. The ASP processor will only
    process ASP source in .asp extended files, UNLESS they are includes into a
    ..ASP file. I just always use .asp extensions for all ASP coding, includes
    or not, thus my examples.

    It would still help to see the error but can you confirm that
    _fpclass/fpdbform.inc is one off from the current path this source file
    resides in? If so, have you tried running a repair on your FPSE? (Server
    extensions). You can also remove FPSE and reinstall them. Web hosts
    generally give you this option from a web-based control panel.

    However, note, I do not use FP so I'm not sure if you remove FPSE and then
    reinstall them, will you have to re-publish your files to the server again.
    I use VI 6.0. Please respond with the error.

    --
    Roland

    This information is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
    or fitness for a particular purpose.
    -Technet Knowledge Base-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;kbhowto&sd=TECH&ln=EN-US&FR=0
    -Technet Script Center-
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp
    -MSDN Library-
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

    Roland Hall, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Mason Myers

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Mason Myers" wrote:
    : Roland,
    :
    : The error is:
    : Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
    :
    : Include file not found
    :
    : /Default.asp, line 192
    :
    : The include file '_fpclass/fpdbform.inc' was not found.

    Ok, great. Now, is default.asp in the root? If so, is the virtual path of
    _fpclass this: /_fpclass. If so, is fpdbform.inc in the /_fpclass folder?

    If all of this is correct, have you tried running a repair on FPSE, as I
    suggested earlier? If you do not have a way to do that yourself, you will
    have to ask the web host to do it for you.

    I looked up _fpclass and this is the first link I found:
    http://www.yi-jing.cybercomm.nl/_fpclass/
    So, it appears _fpclass is /_fpclass (one off the root).

    I kept searching and found this:
    http://www.dso.iastate.edu/FamilyWeekend/_fpclass/
    In this directory is the infamous fpdbform.inc.

    This is the server it is running on:
    Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.48 OpenSSL/0.9.6b PHP/4.3.4 Server at
    www.dso.iastate.edu Port 80

    Apache doesn't support ASP, but obviously someone is using FP to publish
    this web site because you can add FPSE to it.

    Looking in this file I see all VBS code. This means the web server you're
    using must be IIS or Chili!Soft must be running if it is not to support ASP
    coding.

    How much of this can you verify?

    Roland Hall, Jan 9, 2004