ASP, Error 8004020f and IIS_WPG

Mario Michela

i've been working for 4 days trying to accomplish something that should take
20 minutes.. I have an asp page that take user info, ie name, address phone,
email. it sends a copy to email addres A and sends a reciept to site visitor.
i have it working on 1 SBS 2003, but i get Error 8004020f on a second
client's machine..
i'm using cdo, sendusing = 2 (smtp via network). i've tried both using and
not using authentication w/ username and password. I've noticed that IIS_WPG
may seem to be involved. i noticed on the IIS_WPG was not inherited from
wwwroot, i added it manually? is there a way to reset this.. perhaps rerun
the ICW wizard?

Curt_C [MVP]

Mario said:
i've been working for 4 days trying to accomplish something that should take
20 minutes.. I have an asp page that take user info, ie name, address phone,
email. it sends a copy to email addres A and sends a reciept to site visitor.
i have it working on 1 SBS 2003, but i get Error 8004020f on a second
client's machine..
i'm using cdo, sendusing = 2 (smtp via network). i've tried both using and
not using authentication w/ username and password. I've noticed that IIS_WPG
may seem to be involved. i noticed on the IIS_WPG was not inherited from
wwwroot, i added it manually? is there a way to reset this.. perhaps rerun
the ICW wizard?

Are you saying the CLIENT gets the error or you moved the site to a
different SERVER and then get the error?

Take a look on www.aspfaq.com for your error message though, as a start.

Mario Michela

I looked thru the aspfaq.com. it offered a lot of interesting info but
nothing seemed to help w/ the problem. i've run the exact code on another
SBS2003 server and it worked as expected. how do i reset IIS? what is the
difference between IIS_WPG and IUSR_MACHINE?