    may seem to be involved. i noticed on the IIS_WPG was not inherited from
    wwwroot, i added it manually? is there a way to reset this.. perhaps rerun
    the ICW wizard?
    Mario Michela, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Mario Michela

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Mario Michela wrote:
    > i've been working for 4 days trying to accomplish something that should take
    > 20 minutes.. I have an asp page that take user info, ie name, address phone,
    > email. it sends a copy to email addres A and sends a reciept to site visitor.
    > i have it working on 1 SBS 2003, but i get Error 8004020f on a second
    > client's machine..
    > i'm using cdo, sendusing = 2 (smtp via network). i've tried both using and
    > not using authentication w/ username and password. I've noticed that IIS_WPG
    > may seem to be involved. i noticed on the IIS_WPG was not inherited from
    > wwwroot, i added it manually? is there a way to reset this.. perhaps rerun
    > the ICW wizard?

    Are you saying the CLIENT gets the error or you moved the site to a
    different SERVER and then get the error?

    Take a look on www.aspfaq.com for your error message though, as a start.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 22, 2005

  3. I looked thru the aspfaq.com. it offered a lot of interesting info but
    nothing seemed to help w/ the problem. i've run the exact code on another
    SBS2003 server and it worked as expected. how do i reset IIS? what is the
    difference between IIS_WPG and IUSR_MACHINE?

    Mario Michela, Jul 25, 2005