ASP error CreateObject("Word.Application") failed

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by MaxiWheat, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. MaxiWheat

    MaxiWheat Guest

    Hi,

    I am using a software that uses MS Word to create PDF files. When I try
    to run the sample code (ASP 3.0), I get an error on this statement :

    Set oWord = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")

    That error says :
    The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
    Access is denied to this object.

    I already searched for the error occuring in ASP, and found articles
    telling to set Security for Microsoft Word Document in DComcnfg, Give
    the user IUSR_MachineName the permissions to Access the COM object.

    But... the error still occurs, can someone help me ? Am I missing
    something ? Please don't leave this message unanswered.

    Philippe Meunier
    Application Developper
    Cyber Generation
    http://www.cybergeneration.com

    MaxiWheat, Sep 27, 2005

  2. MaxiWheat

    McKirahan Guest

    "MaxiWheat" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using a software that uses MS Word to create PDF files. When I try
    > to run the sample code (ASP 3.0), I get an error on this statement :
    >
    > Set oWord = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")
    >
    > That error says :
    > The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
    > Access is denied to this object.
    >
    > I already searched for the error occuring in ASP, and found articles
    > telling to set Security for Microsoft Word Document in DComcnfg, Give
    > the user IUSR_MachineName the permissions to Access the COM object.
    >
    > But... the error still occurs, can someone help me ? Am I missing
    > something ? Please don't leave this message unanswered.
    >
    > Philippe Meunier
    > Application Developper
    > Cyber Generation
    > http://www.cybergeneration.com

    Is MS-Word installed and accessible (by ASP) on the server?

    McKirahan, Sep 27, 2005

  3. MaxiWheat wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using a software that uses MS Word to create PDF files. When I
    > try to run the sample code (ASP 3.0), I get an error on this
    > statement :
    >
    > Set oWord = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")
    >
    > That error says :
    > The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
    > Access is denied to this object.

    This article says it all:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257757

    --