ASP ERROR: error '8002801d' -> Library not registered. : my Active Server Pages are not so active.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by carlos seramos, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. I've got two IIS servers. One public and one staging. On the public
    server the ASP code works fine however on the staging server I've
    started getting this error recently:

    error '8002801d'
    Library not registered.

    /default.asp, line 4

    There is nothing in the code to indicate what the problem might be and
    the exact same pages work fine on the other server.

    Here is another example of that error on the same server:

    error '8002801d'
    Library not registered.

    /aspemail/tif_rqst_aspemail.asp, line 22

    I've searched the knowledge base but can't seem to find anything that
    directly relates to this.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    carlos seramos, Jul 28, 2003

  2. carlos seramos

    Mark Schupp Guest

    The component being referenced is not installed on your staging server.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    --

    http://www.ielearning.com
    714.637.9480 x17

    Mark Schupp, Jul 28, 2003

  3. It was working a couple of weeks ago but it stopped. I reregistered
    asp.dll and it started working again. I have no idea why the asp.dll
    had to be reregistered.

    carlos seramos, Aug 1, 2003