ASP ERROR: error '8002801d' -> Library not registered. : my Active Server Pages are not so active.

carlos seramos

I've got two IIS servers. One public and one staging. On the public
server the ASP code works fine however on the staging server I've
started getting this error recently:

error '8002801d'
Library not registered.

/default.asp, line 4

There is nothing in the code to indicate what the problem might be and
the exact same pages work fine on the other server.

Here is another example of that error on the same server:

error '8002801d'
Library not registered.

/aspemail/tif_rqst_aspemail.asp, line 22

I've searched the knowledge base but can't seem to find anything that
directly relates to this.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

ASP ERROR: error '8002801d' -> Library not registered. : my Active
Server Pages are not so active.

Mark Schupp

The component being referenced is not installed on your staging server.

--
Mark Schupp
--

carlos seramos

It was working a couple of weeks ago but it stopped. I reregistered
asp.dll and it started working again. I have no idea why the asp.dll
had to be reregistered.