ASP error in IE

MikeR

<%
Option Explicit
Dim RS, WRS, CRS, cst conntemp, sqltemp, SQL, CNT, MVCNT
cst = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("\db\xxx.mdb")
set conntemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conntemp.open cst '<== Line 6

When viewing this page in IE, if I refresh the page or click on a link to another page, I
get 2 dialog boxes, one after the other, when using IE. Doesn't happen in Firefox.
"A runtime error has occured.
Do you wish to debug?
Line 6
Object required"

Then the page reacts normally, it either refreshes, or goes to the linked page.
Thanks,
MikeR

AnthonyWJones

I've never called MaPath with '\' in it I'm not sure that works ar you sure
it shouldn't be "/db/xxx.mdb".

That may be a red-herring. The line 6 you pointed at is not the line 6 IE
is complaining about IE will be seeing the output of the ASP not the ASP
itself.

Use a script debugger (that is click yes to the dialog box) to see where the
error truely is. Failing that use View Source to launch Notepad then goto
the 6th line.

Anthony.

MikeR

AnthonyWJones said:
I've never called MaPath with '\' in it I'm not sure that works ar you sure
it shouldn't be "/db/xxx.mdb".
Probably should be, but it works either way.
That may be a red-herring. The line 6 you pointed at is not the line 6 IE
is complaining about IE will be seeing the output of the ASP not the ASP
itself.

Use a script debugger (that is click yes to the dialog box) to see where the
error truely is. Failing that use View Source to launch Notepad then goto
the 6th line.
Red-herring indeed. Found & fixed by viewing source. The line called a non-existant
OnClose handler.
Thanks, Anthony.