ASP error is Loacation specific

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dave Girard, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Dave Girard

    Dave Girard Guest

    I'm getting the following error which is no big deal - the
    problem is it is LOCATION specific - which has me really
    baffled... for some reason the error only appears on
    different machines in different various locations. I've
    checked the versions of browsers and I've tried from at
    least 10 different pc's in different locations and the
    page comes up perfect. My web server is up to date with
    all current patches. Occasionally, someone will email me
    and tell me there's an error that looks like this.

    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0116'

    Missing close of script delimiter

    /Region/North America/Canada/British
    Columbia/Victoria/index.htm, line 32

    The Script block lacks the close of script tag (%>).

    I've downloaded the file and examined it closely and there
    is of course the close script tag as it does run fine from
    my workstation here ( no - there are no local files on my
    machine as the entire site is generated )

    The only thing I can think of is that in the website
    configuration I have the .htm extension mapped to the
    asp.dll so that I can have files with a .htm extension
    execute ASP code. Any ideas out there??
    Dave Girard, Jan 13, 2004