ASP error is Loacation specific

Dave Girard

I'm getting the following error which is no big deal - the
problem is it is LOCATION specific - which has me really
baffled... for some reason the error only appears on
different machines in different various locations. I've
checked the versions of browsers and I've tried from at
least 10 different pc's in different locations and the
page comes up perfect. My web server is up to date with
all current patches. Occasionally, someone will email me
and tell me there's an error that looks like this.

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0116'

Missing close of script delimiter

/Region/North America/Canada/British
Columbia/Victoria/index.htm, line 32

The Script block lacks the close of script tag (%>).

I've downloaded the file and examined it closely and there
is of course the close script tag as it does run fine from
my workstation here ( no - there are no local files on my
machine as the entire site is generated )

The only thing I can think of is that in the website
configuration I have the .htm extension mapped to the
asp.dll so that I can have files with a .htm extension
execute ASP code. Any ideas out there??