ASP, Error message

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Guest, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm making a project for school. In school everything worked, but now that I've took it Home. I get following error message if I want to run it:

    "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. the project is not configured to be debugged."

    When I look to the web.config file with the option "view in browser", I'll get following error message:

    Server Error in '/ASP2TIAa' Application.

    Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 37: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
    Line 38: -->
    Line 39: <authentication mode="Windows" />
    Line 40: <identity impersonate="true" />
    Line 41:

    Source File: E:\ASP\project\web.config Line: 39

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

    User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)
    Guest, Mar 17, 2005

    Brock Allen Guest

    Looks like your error is telling you what's wrong:

    "This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as
    an application in IIS."

    Perhaps your directory isn't configured as a virtual directory in IIS?

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 17, 2005