    Anyone know how to get IIS 6.0 to work like IIS 5.0, or is there
    another way of doing it, or is this not even an IIS problem!

    Any help would be great!
    Lambuz, Jun 28, 2006

  2. "Lambuz" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When an HTTP 500.100 occure in IIS 5.0, I was getting redirected to a
    > HTTP 500.100 - 'page cannot be displayed' error page when there was an
    > error, but now in IIS 6.0, I get 'Microsoft VBScript runtime error
    > '800a01c2' ' nested within the page.
    >

    > I'm trying to create my own error messages so it will re-direct to my
    > own error page and send me an email. I used to be able to do this in
    > IIS 5.0 but I can't seem to get it going in IIS 6.0 as it doesn't
    > re-direct to a default error message.
    >
    > Anyone know how to get IIS 6.0 to work like IIS 5.0, or is there
    > another way of doing it, or is this not even an IIS problem!
    >
    > Any help would be great!

    In IIS manager open the properties of the root folder for your application.
    On the custom errors tab scroll down to 500.100 and modify the entry. Set
    it to URL and specify the path to an ASP page that you want to run when the
    error occurs. For example I have an application rooted at top of the
    website and I place my own 500.100 in the root. So the URL is
    /my500100.asp.

    You can then use info from Server.GetLastError to generate your email.

    Anthony
    Anthony Jones, Jun 28, 2006

  3. Lambuz

    Lambuz Guest

    I've already done it but it still doesn't work.

    I've already restart IIS and the server but nothing to do.

    please help me
    Lambuz, Jun 28, 2006
  4. "Lambuz" <> wrote in message
    > I've already done it but it still doesn't work.
    >
    > I've already restart IIS and the server but nothing to do.
    >
    > please help me

    What does it do? This technique works fine on dozens of both IIS 5.0 and
    IIS 6.0 systems I've configured.
    Does ASP work in general?
    Anthony Jones, Jun 28, 2006
  5. Kyle Peterson, Jun 29, 2006