ASP Error on INSERT INTO Statement

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?T2ZmX1JvdXRl?=, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I'm getting the following error:

    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The INSERT INTO statement contains
    the following unknown field name: 'ClientName'. Make sure you have typed the
    name correctly, and try the operation again.

    I have checked the field names in the database numerous times and I can't
    find anyting wrong with them. The IIS servere has the approriate permissions
    to the Access database.

    When I run the query from access it sucessfully inserts the row. Thanks in
    advance for your help and here is my code:

    set objCmd = server.CreateObject("adodb.command")
    set objCmd.ActiveConnection = oUnifiedConn

    DIM strTest
    strTest = "INSERT INTO Client (ClientName) VALUES ('" & strName & "');"
    response.Write strTest

    objCmd.CommandText = strTest
    'objCmd.CommandType = adCmdtext
    objCmd.Execute ' line 82

    Thanks Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?T2ZmX1JvdXRl?=, Oct 21, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T2ZmX1JvdXRl?=

    JD Guest

    Try:

    strTest = "INSERT INTO Client (ClientName) VALUES ('" & strName & "')"

    or

    strTest = "INSERT INTO Client ([ClientName]) VALUES ('" & strName & "')"

    JD.

    JD, Oct 22, 2004