ASP -> Excel Date Problems

Bryan Harrington

Hello all.. I've got a table of data that PHB wants to be able to download
to excel to run pivot tables on.

No problem.. got all that working.. the catch though is that there is a
column in the data that shows the Invoice Date, next column shows the
Invoice Month and Year in the format of mmm-yy.

Works great in the browser.. when you download it to excel, Excel turns
SEP-04 into 4-Sep-2004, anybody have a good way to format the date so Excel
doesn't "fix" it for me?

Thanks!

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

You can precede the values with a ' to keep your format.

Ray at home

Bryan Harrington

Thanks Ray..

That's another Head Slapping DUUHHH! Funny how sometimes the obvious isn't!