ASP + Excel ?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Luis, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Luis

    Luis Guest

    Hi group

    I've got a database and on one of its tables I keep 2 excel templates. For
    each record of a main table, I want the users to fulfill this 2 templates.

    The main menu looks something like this

    Logged as USER WHATEVER
    - Fill in template 1 (link)
    - Fill in template 2 (link)

    what i want to do is to open in a modal window (browser, not excel) the
    correspondant template,

    a) should the user had never filled in the template, he will need to put in
    some data which I will later pick up and save to the database (not the excel
    file, just the fields I want to)
    or b) should the user already filled the template, pop up the spreasheet
    with the data I would retrieve from the database and put in the template for
    him.

    I'm pretty sure I can do a) and b) , but believe or not can't figure out how
    to retrieve the spreadsheet object from the database and put it in the modal
    window....

    any ideas?

    many thanks, Luis

    Luis, Dec 2, 2003