ASP + Excel ?

Luis

Hi group

I've got a database and on one of its tables I keep 2 excel templates. For
each record of a main table, I want the users to fulfill this 2 templates.

The main menu looks something like this

Logged as USER WHATEVER
- Fill in template 1 (link)
- Fill in template 2 (link)

what i want to do is to open in a modal window (browser, not excel) the
correspondant template,

a) should the user had never filled in the template, he will need to put in
some data which I will later pick up and save to the database (not the excel
file, just the fields I want to)
or b) should the user already filled the template, pop up the spreasheet
with the data I would retrieve from the database and put in the template for
him.

I'm pretty sure I can do a) and b) , but believe or not can't figure out how
to retrieve the spreadsheet object from the database and put it in the modal
window....

any ideas?

many thanks, Luis