ASP Export to excel not functioning

My application is designed to pull records/reports from SQL using views
and
stored procedures and display in excel. When I run my reports,
sometimes the incorrect file name comes up and displays the year (2007)

and then the file does not populate and provides an error message that
the file could not be found. When I run the stored procedure and views
directly from Query analyzer it takes about 23 seconds to run and
display results...sometimes it takes 10 minutes, depending on the
report/amount of data pulled. I feel like something is timing out on
the front end user
interface but I don't know how to resolve this issue? Any ideas? I
originally thought this was SQL side, but now that I can run these
queries in a matter of minutes, I have to believe it is timing out or
something on the front end. I have tried adding/increasing the command
timeout = ' ' but to no resolve.