ASP Export to Excel

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by bcap, Oct 19, 2009.

  1. bcap

    bcap Guest

    Hi,

    I am using the following code to send ASP to Excel

    I have a set of 18 numbers, but once it hits 15 characters, anything
    after is turned into zero's (000) for some reason. While looking
    online, I can see that 15 may be a limitation. Is there a work around
    for this?

    For example:

    Data should show as:

    850036701888998124

    But is showing as:

    850036701888998000

    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    bcap, Oct 19, 2009

  2. bcap

    Bob Barrows Guest

    bcap wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using the following code to send ASP to Excel

    > I have a set of 18 numbers, but once it hits 15 characters, anything
    > after is turned into zero's (000) for some reason. While looking
    > online, I can see that 15 may be a limitation. Is there a work around
    > for this?
    >
    > For example:
    >
    > Data should show as:
    >
    > 850036701888998124
    >
    > But is showing as:
    >
    > 850036701888998000

    Export the resulting excel file to html and see if it resembles the html
    you were intending to create.
    Alternatively, create an excel file containing the data you wish it to
    contain and export it to html so you can see what the html you are
    supposed to create should look like.

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Oct 19, 2009

  3. bcap

    bcap Guest

    Hi,

    Thank you for getting back to me!

    When I run it just as HTML it does produce the desired results. Also,
    if I Export directly from the database (Access) it looks OK too.

    The problem seems to be when I add the Excel Export code into the HTML
    as it appears to stop at 15 characters.
    bcap, Oct 19, 2009
  4. bcap

    Bob Barrows Guest

    bcap wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thank you for getting back to me!
    >
    > When I run it just as HTML it does produce the desired results. Also,
    > if I Export directly from the database (Access) it looks OK too.
    >
    > The problem seems to be when I add the Excel Export code into the HTML
    > as it appears to stop at 15 characters.

    You're missing the point. Does the html that is produced when you save
    the Excel file as html resemble the html your "Excel Export" code
    produces? If not, there is your problem.

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, Oct 19, 2009