ASP Export to Excel

bcap

Hi,

I am using the following code to send ASP to Excel

I have a set of 18 numbers, but once it hits 15 characters, anything
after is turned into zero's (000) for some reason. While looking
online, I can see that 15 may be a limitation. Is there a work around
for this?

For example:

Data should show as:

850036701888998124

But is showing as:

850036701888998000

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Barrows

bcap said:
Hi,

I am using the following code to send ASP to Excel

I have a set of 18 numbers, but once it hits 15 characters, anything
after is turned into zero's (000) for some reason. While looking
online, I can see that 15 may be a limitation. Is there a work around
for this?

For example:

Data should show as:

850036701888998124

But is showing as:

850036701888998000
Export the resulting excel file to html and see if it resembles the html
you were intending to create.
Alternatively, create an excel file containing the data you wish it to
contain and export it to html so you can see what the html you are
supposed to create should look like.

bcap

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me!

When I run it just as HTML it does produce the desired results. Also,
if I Export directly from the database (Access) it looks OK too.

The problem seems to be when I add the Excel Export code into the HTML
as it appears to stop at 15 characters.

Bob Barrows

bcap said:
Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me!

When I run it just as HTML it does produce the desired results. Also,
if I Export directly from the database (Access) it looks OK too.

The problem seems to be when I add the Excel Export code into the HTML
as it appears to stop at 15 characters.

You're missing the point. Does the html that is produced when you save
the Excel file as html resemble the html your "Excel Export" code
produces? If not, there is your problem.