ASP file Upload and hidden fields

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Igor, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Igor

    Igor Guest

    Good afternoon,
    I have an .htm page with "input type=file" box, as well as .asp page
    to which that file is posted. It works. Since the path for the file to
    be uploaded is constant, how can I use the current setup of .htm and
    ..asp pages to upload a file from a client machine without a utility. I
    read on one of the forums that "hidden" field cannot be used for
    files. If there is no way to use my current structure, I am also
    looking into FSO object, using one .asp page to post to itself,
    specifically .getFile method to start. What are the next steps to
    take? The code for the single .asp page is below. File.move works
    also, not sure if I need it though. Thank You, Igor.

    <%
    Set file = fso.getfile("C:\_WebApps\igor\file_upload\scripts.txt")

    'response.write file.name

    file.move("C:\_WebApps\igor\file_upload\test\")

    'file.copy("C:\_WebApps\igor\file_upload\test")
    %>

    <form name="upload_form" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"
    action="upload_link_old.asp">

    <input type="hidden" id="isdone" name="isdone" value></input>

    <!--<input type=file>-->

    <input type=submit value="Upload File">
    </form>

    <script type="javascript">