asp force download

Guoqi Zheng

Dear Sir,

I made a force download in ASP. For other types of file, everything works
ok. but for .txt, .html this kind of file. it always return an error, file
not found. can someone point out what I did wrong here?

The following is my script

strContentType = "application/octet-stream"
abcFile = "filename="&objRs("DocumentName")

response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", abcFile
response.contenttype=strContentType
response.binarywrite getBinaryFile(FileName)

function getBinaryFile(fileSpec)
Dim adTypeBinary
adTypeBinary = 1
Dim oStream
set oStream = server.createobject("ADODB.Stream")
oStream.Open
oStream.Type = adTypeBinary
oStream.LoadFromFile fileSpec
getBinaryFile= oStream.read
set oStream=nothing
end function

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Guoqi Zheng
Tel: +31 (0) 23 5343545
http://www.meetholland.com

Ray at

Guoqi Zheng said:
Dear Sir,

I made a force download in ASP. For other types of file, everything works
ok. but for .txt, .html this kind of file. it always return an error, file
not found. can someone point out what I did wrong here?

What error? And I think you should be returning those file types as
"adTypeText" (2).

Ray at home

Guoqi Zheng

The error I got is "page not found", I don't really understand it. I will
try to test by adTypeText
Thanks