asp form and html

Discussion in 'HTML' started by kburnam@gmail.com, May 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Using the following code, all of these form elements are captured and
    interpreted by my linked asp page on my server. all values are sent to
    my email address successfully EXCEPT the email value. I cannot see why
    this is. Here is my code:

    <input type="text" name="State">
    <input type="text" name="PostCode">
    <input type="text" name="email">

    So I have a textbox, enter '' into the box, hit
    submit button, and the only two that show up as values in the email are
    State and PostCode. Why won't the emails be sent along with?

    asp code:

    Code:

    <%

    Dim landing_page, host_url
    Dim fso, outfile, filename, dirname, myFolder
    Dim req_method, key, value
    Dim bErr, errStr, bEmpty
    On Error resume next
    bErr = false
    bEmpty = true
    errStr = ""
    Set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    host_url = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST")
    req_method = Request.ServerVariables("REQUEST_METHOD")
    dtNow = Now()
    filename = Server.MapPath("ssfm")
    dirname = filename
    filename = filename & "/gdform_" & DatePart("M", dtNow) & DatePart("D",
    dtNow) & DatePart("YYYY", dtNow) & DatePart("N", dtNow) & DatePart("S",
    dtNow)

    Function FormatVariableLine(byval var_name, byVal var_value)
    Dim tmpStr
    tmpStr = tmpStr & "<GDFORM_VARIABLE NAME=" & var_name & " START>" &
    vbCRLF
    tmpStr = tmpStr & var_value & vbCRLF
    tmpStr = tmpStr & "<GDFORM_VARIABLE NAME=" & var_name & " END>"
    FormatVariableLine = tmpStr
    end function

    Sub OutputLine(byVal line)
    outfile.WriteLine(line)
    end sub

    if err.number = 0 then
    Set outfile = fso.CreateTextFile(filename, true, false)
    if err.number <> 0 then
    bErr = true
    errStr = "Error creating file! Directory may not be writable or may
    not exist.<br>Unable to process request."
    else
    if(req_method = "GET") then
    for each Item in request.QueryString
    if item <> "" then
    bEmpty = false
    key = item
    value = Request.QueryString(item)
    if(lcase(key) = "redirect") then
    landing_page = value
    else
    line = FormatVariableLine(key, value)
    Call OutputLine(line)
    end if
    end if
    next
    elseif (req_method = "POST") then
    for each Item in request.form
    if item <> "" then
    bEmpty = false
    key = item
    value = Request.form(item)
    if(lcase(key) = "redirect") then
    landing_page = value
    else
    line = FormatVariableLine(key, value)
    Call OutputLine(line)
    end if
    end if
    next
    end if
    outfile.close
    end if
    if(bEmpty = true) AND errStr = "" then
    bErr = true
    errStr = errStr & "<br>No variables sent to form! Unable to process
    request."
    end if
    if(bErr = false) then
    if (landing_page <> "") then
    response.Redirect "http://" & host_url & "/" & landing_page
    else
    response.Redirect "http://" & host_url
    end if
    else
    Response.Write errStr
    end if
    set fso = nothing
    else
    Response.Write " An Error Occurred creating mail message. Unable to
    process form request at this time."
    end if
    %>

    , May 19, 2006

  2. Toby Inkster Guest

    kburnam wrote:

    > Using the following code, all of these form elements are captured and
    > interpreted by my linked asp page on my server. all values are sent to
    > my email address successfully EXCEPT the email value.

    I don't know how -- none of the code you posted is capable of sending an
    e-mail. It appears to be trying to log the form to a plain text file on
    the server.

    You'd probably be better off asking in a microsoft.* group anyway.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, May 19, 2006