ASP Form to Mail Error

David Hodgson

I really need some help with this one please,

I have an ASP script that collects information from a form on my site and
sends it as an email. The ASP script is calling CDONTS.DLL which is
registered on a win2k3 server with Exchange server running.

When submitting the form there is an error when it comes to the 'mail.send'
part of the script. I have given all the necessary folders the correct
permissions as per microsoft however I still get the same errors.

I believe it is something to do with permissions because if I disallow
anonymous access to the site and access it through the local network as a
logged in user the script works fine.

Can any point me in the right direction?

Thanks

David

Dave Anderson

David said:
I really need some help with this one please,

I have an ASP script that collects information from a form on my site
and sends it as an email. The ASP script is calling CDONTS.DLL which
is registered on a win2k3 server with Exchange server running.

When submitting the form there is an error when it comes to the
'mail.send' part of the script. I have given all the necessary
folders the correct permissions as per microsoft however I still get
the same errors.
I believe it is something to do with permissions because if I disallow
anonymous access to the site and access it through the local network
as a logged in user the script works fine.

Can any point me in the right direction?

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026

David Hodgson

Thanks Dave,

I had a horrible feeling that I would have to re-write the script using a
more up to date method.

Just never bothered trying to understand how the script worked but I have
spent the last 1hr re-writing one of my scripts and everything is working
fine now.

Once again thanks.