asp form with interdependant select boxes doesn't keep values selected, when user returns to it

Galina

Hello
I have an asp page, which is designed to allow selection from 5
interdependant select boxes. User selects and submits. A database is
queried with selected values as parameters and another page based on
the query results is displayed.
All works fine.
When User clicks the button "Back" in browser to return to the first
form, only the 1st check box has the same value. The 2nd one has the
first item in the list instead of what was selected. The 3rd box
displays the 1st item in the list corresponding to the 1st item in the
box 2 and so on.
I'd like to find this form unchanged, when user returns to it.
How could I ensure it? Any help will be appreciated.
Galina