ASP, FORMS, POST METHOD And Post with out form(???)

Don Glover the younger

Lets see if I can decribe, this... I have a form on an
html page, that will call a remote site with a post
method. Prior to running off to the remote site (over
which I have no control) I want to save the contents of
form to a local database. My thought is I can use the
onSubmit event to call some code to accomplish this.

My thought was a I would call a call the page again and
save the data(mypage.asp?action=saveformdata) What I can
not figure out how to do is to then 'post' the form off to
the remote page from ASP.

So, q1> I am just lost and going the wrong direction on
this?
q2> is this even possible?
q3> is there a better way to do this?