ASP function run differently when running compiled from DLL

Peter Row

Hi,

I have written a DLL that implements IHttpHandler methods, i.e GetHandler,
ProcessRequest etc...
I also automatically login visitors to the site as an appropriate guest
(based on browser language).
To do the auto login I used FormsAuthentication with my Web.Config file
specifying my guestlogin
ASPX page as the page to use.

The (VB) code for this page works out which guest login to use, sets a
couple of cookies, i.e:
Response.Cookies("UserID") = 2 then it does a :

FormsAuthentications.SetAuthCookie(strUsername, false)
Response.Redirect(FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(strGuestName, false))

Now here is where it gets weird (and god damn annoying!).
When running through VS.2003 in debug mode this all works fine.
However when running directly against a debug build of the DLL it does not
work.
In that the Response.Redirect(....) line does not send any of my cookies
back to the
client browser, consequently when it gets to the redirect page it all goes
tits up
because an expected cookie value is not available, but always will be when
running
correctly.

Any ideas as to what is wrong would be most appreciated.
Regards,
Peter Row