    If i just could send the XML and from ASP say something like save XML...
    Would be easy.

    Thanks!!!!!!!!

    JimmySlam, Mar 15, 2006

  2. JimmySlam

    Evertjan. Guest

    JimmySlam wrote on 15 mrt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > ... to Send an XML to ASP form FLASH, ...

    You cannot "send" anything to ASP,
    ASP being a platform for serverside languages.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 15, 2006

  3. JimmySlam

    JimmySlam Guest

    Sorry for the understanding , it is to an ASP page.

    JimmySlam, Mar 16, 2006
  4. JimmySlam

    Evertjan. Guest

    JimmySlam wrote on 16 mrt 2006 in

    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    >> JimmySlam wrote on 15 mrt 2006 in
    >>> ... to Send an XML to ASP form FLASH, ...

    >> You cannot "send" anything to ASP,
    >> ASP being a platform for serverside languages.

    [please do not toppost on usenet]

    > Sorry for the understanding , it is to an ASP page.

    MISunderstanding?

    I repeat: You cannot "send" anything to ASP or an ASP page.

    However you van send string data to a server, by posting or
    "querystringing". Both are cliendside actions, not involving ASP.

    However you can retrieve those stringdata with ASP:
    request.form() ir request.querystring()

    [I bet you knew that]

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 16, 2006
  5. JimmySlam

    JimmySlam Guest

    Re: ASP Guru needed (XML+ASP)

    Yeah, the only problem is when i receive an XML from flash. Normally says is
    a problem with the page... But If I send just variables ,(and I am talking
    about the values, the strings) works fine.

    This is the ASP code that I am using with no luck...

    <%
    Response.ContentType="text/xml"

    Dim strXML
    Dim objXML

    Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
    strXML = Request.Form

    %>

    Do you know where is the problem? (This is just for a XML, when I send
    variables (values) is different code.

    JimmySlam, Mar 16, 2006
  6. Re: ASP Guru needed (XML+ASP)

    "JimmySlam" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, the only problem is when i receive an XML from flash. Normally says

    is
    > a problem with the page... But If I send just variables ,(and I am talking
    > about the values, the strings) works fine.
    >
    > This is the ASP code that I am using with no luck...
    >
    > <%
    > Response.ContentType="text/xml"
    >
    > Dim strXML
    > Dim objXML
    >
    > Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
    > strXML = Request.Form
    >
    > %>
    >
    > Do you know where is the problem? (This is just for a XML, when I send
    > variables (values) is different code.

    Try this:-

    Dim strXML
    Dim objXML

    Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
    objXML.Load Request

    The Flash thingy it probably just posting up XML in the body of the Request.
    I doubt it is using any Mime multipart encoding that is used by Form Posts
    in a Web Browser.

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Mar 16, 2006
  7. JimmySlam

    JimmySlam Guest

    Re: ASP Guru needed (XML+ASP)

    I did try ur code and says the same... (firefox)
    -----------------------------------
    The connection was reset

    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

    * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
    in a few
    moments.

    * If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

    * If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
    make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
    --------------------------

    If i use IE says ERROR 500 (internal)

    Well on the flash im using POST but anyway

    I check what is sending and it is this:

    http://www.centralnightclub.com/tem...cked="false" visible="true" color="0" /></db>

    That is the XML on the URL. Some times if i make it smaller, that doesnt
    give me that error. but i dont thing is a good idea making it smaller, what
    would be the point ?

    Any suggestion??? Thanks for triying..

    JimmySlam, Mar 16, 2006
  8. Re: ASP Guru needed (XML+ASP)

    >That is the XML on the URL. Some times if i make it smaller, that doesnt
    >give me that error. but i dont thing is a good idea making it smaller, what
    >would be the point ?

    >Any suggestion??? Thanks for triying..

    Well I guess this should work:-

    Dim strXML
    Dim objXML

    Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
    objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")

    But the query string isn't where you really want to be putting the data,
    it's not really a POST more a GET with a very large query string.

    Is there no mechanism in Flash to perform a proper post where the XML is
    sent up as the entity body?

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Mar 16, 2006
  9. JimmySlam

    JimmySlam Guest

    Re: ASP Guru needed (XML+ASP)

    Ok i just realised that if I send the XML (the big and standard one) it says
    that error I said before anyway. So Im gonna try to start with a v small
    XML.

    So I write ur code on ASP and this error appears...

    Response object error 'ASP 0185 : 80020003'

    Missing Default Property

    /temp/uploadXML.asp, line 0

    A default property was not found for the object

    So i changed a few things after looking on google:

    Dim strXML
    Dim objXML

    Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
    objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")

    response.write(objXML.xml) 'I put ".xml" here because it said error without.

    objXML.save("haha.xml")

    Now i have to give writing permissions and test. After that I have to test
    it with the proper DB.

    Cheers, i will let you know how things are going, you can learn from this
    bloody thing

    :)

    Jimmy

    JimmySlam, Mar 17, 2006
  10. JimmySlam

    uhhjl Guest

    Re: ASP Guru needed (XML+ASP)

    Nothing I am still blocked, i cant do it.

    uhhjl, Mar 21, 2006