ASP Guru needed (XML-Flash+ASP)

JimmySlam

How can I do it?

I have a bit of idea but searching on the internet is not enough
information (or I didnt find it) Any one knows how to Send an XML to ASP
form FLASH,
the ASP saves it into a XML on the server...

If i just could send the XML and from ASP say something like save XML...
Would be easy.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Evertjan.

JimmySlam wrote on 15 mrt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
... to Send an XML to ASP form FLASH, ...

You cannot "send" anything to ASP,
ASP being a platform for serverside languages.

Evertjan.

JimmySlam wrote on 16 mrt 2006 in

[please do not toppost on usenet]
Sorry for the understanding , it is to an ASP page.

MISunderstanding?

I repeat: You cannot "send" anything to ASP or an ASP page.

However you van send string data to a server, by posting or
"querystringing". Both are cliendside actions, not involving ASP.

However you can retrieve those stringdata with ASP:
request.form() ir request.querystring()

[I bet you knew that]

JimmySlam

Yeah, the only problem is when i receive an XML from flash. Normally says is
a problem with the page... But If I send just variables ,(and I am talking
about the values, the strings) works fine.

This is the ASP code that I am using with no luck...

<%
Response.ContentType="text/xml"

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
strXML = Request.Form

%>

Do you know where is the problem? (This is just for a XML, when I send
variables (values) is different code.

Evertjan. said:
JimmySlam wrote on 16 mrt 2006 in

[please do not toppost on usenet]
Sorry for the understanding , it is to an ASP page.

MISunderstanding?

I repeat: You cannot "send" anything to ASP or an ASP page.

However you van send string data to a server, by posting or
"querystringing". Both are cliendside actions, not involving ASP.

However you can retrieve those stringdata with ASP:
request.form() ir request.querystring()

[I bet you knew that]

Anthony Jones

JimmySlam said:
Yeah, the only problem is when i receive an XML from flash. Normally says is
a problem with the page... But If I send just variables ,(and I am talking
about the values, the strings) works fine.

This is the ASP code that I am using with no luck...

<%
Response.ContentType="text/xml"

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
strXML = Request.Form

%>

Do you know where is the problem? (This is just for a XML, when I send
variables (values) is different code.

Try this:-

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
objXML.Load Request

The Flash thingy it probably just posting up XML in the body of the Request.
I doubt it is using any Mime multipart encoding that is used by Form Posts
in a Web Browser.

Anthony.

JimmySlam

I did try ur code and says the same... (firefox)
-----------------------------------
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again
in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
--------------------------

If i use IE says ERROR 500 (internal)

Well on the flash im using POST but anyway

I check what is sending and it is this:

http://www.centralnightclub.com/tem...cked="false"+visible="true"+color="0"+/></db>

That is the XML on the URL. Some times if i make it smaller, that doesnt
give me that error. but i dont thing is a good idea making it smaller, what
would be the point ?

Any suggestion??? Thanks for triying..

Anthony Jones

That is the XML on the URL. Some times if i make it smaller, that doesnt
give me that error. but i dont thing is a good idea making it smaller, what
would be the point ?
Any suggestion??? Thanks for triying..

Well I guess this should work:-

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")

But the query string isn't where you really want to be putting the data,
it's not really a POST more a GET with a very large query string.

Is there no mechanism in Flash to perform a proper post where the XML is
sent up as the entity body?

Anthony.

JimmySlam

Ok i just realised that if I send the XML (the big and standard one) it says
that error I said before anyway. So Im gonna try to start with a v small
XML.

So I write ur code on ASP and this error appears...

Response object error 'ASP 0185 : 80020003'

Missing Default Property

/temp/uploadXML.asp, line 0

A default property was not found for the object

So i changed a few things after looking on google:

Dim strXML
Dim objXML

Set objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
objXML.LoadXML Request.QueryString("database1")

response.write(objXML.xml) 'I put ".xml" here because it said error without.

objXML.save("haha.xml")

Now i have to give writing permissions and test. After that I have to test
it with the proper DB.

Cheers, i will let you know how things are going, you can learn from this
bloody thing

:)

Jimmy