    Regards,

    Franklin

    , May 16, 2005

  2. Jay Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > Im using ASP & SQL Server to develop a project. I have done a message
    > service module where internal user can send message between them. Im
    > storing that message in a Table and pulling based on USER ID.
    >
    > Now I want to write a code which need check that message table for
    > every 10 minutes and give an alert to the user if it found any new
    > message. This should happen until the user logout.
    >
    > Any suggestions please let me know. If possible, with an example.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Regards,

    Not sure if I read correct but....

    User #1 writes message on web page. Submits.
    Processing page runs a stored procedure passing a couple of parameters.
    1. The message
    2. The User ID of the intended recipient.
    The SP inserts the message into the table.

    Now comes the need for client side info.
    Perhaps use frames?
    An invisible frame (ASP) that selects from the table where user id = x and
    MsgRead = false
    If the recordset is not empty then alert the user (this bit is the bit I can
    see relevant to this newsgroup).
    User 2# acknolodges the alert and something fires to display the message.
    Apolgies if I've mistranslated you.

    Jay

    Jay, May 16, 2005