ASP / HTML Tree

MadMike42

Hi,
I'm writing a simple forum for a music web site and I have been
trying to find some example code to help me but a ' tree '
together, let me explain:-

Posted new messages will show on the left of the page
any replies to a post will show as:-
+PostedMessage(3)
so when the user presses the + it will show
-PostedMessage(3)
Reply 1
Reply 2
Reply 3
Press the - and it shows as the first step.
(see below)

As the page is using ASP and database links I can not mix
Javascript (which I do not know)

Has anyone got some example code ?

Thanks
Mike.

Example:-

+ Message Hello (1)
Message Goodbye
+ Message life (3)
Message Hello again
- Message Example (2)
reply to Message Example
reply to Message Example
Another Message
+ More Messages (3)

Adrienne Boswell

Hi,
I'm writing a simple forum for a music web site and I have been
trying to find some example code to help me but a ' tree '
together, let me explain:-

No need. You want threaded discussion similar to a newsreader, or Google
Groups (shudder). Probably your best bet is to use definition list
markup with CSS to style it appropriately.

There are several boards already packaged up that you could probably take
a look at and adopt to your own needs.

You might also want to post to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
for hints on the CSS.