    Internet connections can be unreliable at times. This component needs to be
    able to resume broken uploads.

    Thank you for your recommendations.

    Uncle Ben, Dec 19, 2004

  2. "Uncle Ben" <> wrote in message
    news:OZ2sy$...
    > Is there any good and reliable Upload Component for ASP (or ASP.NET)? I
    > need one which provides an upload status bar.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189
    ASP Upload is the one that I've used. It has progress bar scripting built
    in. http://support.persits.com/upload/progress.asp

    > As well, it must be able to handle more than 4 gigabytes of data transfer.

    8| 4GB? I don't know that http is the protocol you want to be using
    here...

    > Internet connections can be unreliable at times. This component needs to
    > be
    > able to resume broken uploads.

    I don't believe that you'll be able to do that regardless of what component
    you use, unless you wind up going with a browser plugin for the upload
    portion as opposed to using a <input type="file">.

    Have you considered FTP or providing VPN access to the server that people
    need to put files on?

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Dec 19, 2004

  3. Uncle Ben

    Uncle Ben Guest

    I need the users to enter a number of fields to describe the file that they
    are about to upload. If I use FTP upload, would I be able to do this type
    of FORM processing?

    For example, using HTTP Upload, I can have a number of fields and a FILE
    BROWSE button all on the same form. The user fills out the form and browses
    for the file and clicks a single SUBMIT button to start the uploading.

    But if I use FTP, would I be able to achieve the same effect as above?

    message news:...

    Uncle Ben, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Gérard Leclercq, Dec 19, 2004
  5. Uncle Ben

    Sven Pernils Guest

    Best and cheapest upload component, with the ability to show upload progress
    is Persist Software AspUpload. Works like a charm. You can find it at
    www.aspupload.com

    Sven

    Sven Pernils, Dec 19, 2004