ASP:Hyperlink Control Question

Guest

I am attempting to pass a parameter named "BackURL" into a asp:Hyperlink HTML
control as shown below. "BackURL" is actually a variable defined in the
page's code-behind. However, my current formatting below causes a "Page
cannot be displayed" error, and is invalid.

How can I properly reference my BackURL variable in the NavigateURL property
of the asp:Hyperlink control? Thanks.

<asp:HyperLink runat="server" Text="Update" NavigateURL='<%#
"Update_Order.aspx?id=" & DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.OrderID")&
"&BackURL=" & <%=BackURL%>%>' Target="_blank" ID="Hyperlink2">

bruce barker

only binding expressions (<%# %>) are allowed in server tags, try:

<asp:HyperLink runat="server" Text="Update" NavigateURL='<%#
"Update_Order.aspx?id=" & DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.OrderID")&
"&BackURL=" & BackURL %>' Target="_blank" ID="Hyperlink2">

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)