asp:hyperlink in EditItemTemplate

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kevin Quigley, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have a datalist which has an EditItemTemplate section, within this I
    have a hyperlink control with which I want to open a new window with
    some help details.

    This is the hyperlink code:
    <asp:HyperLink Runat="server" NavigateUrl="Help.htm"></asp:HyperLink>

    The problem is that when the link is clicked, nothing happens.

    I know it has something to do with the control being in the
    edititemtemplate section but I don't know to fix it.

    I could have a link elsewhere in the page but I want the links to appear
    next to the relevant fields so the help displayed is on the required
    field only.

    Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Kevin.

    Kevin Quigley, Dec 2, 2003