ASP & IIS vs Ms.Exchange?

Gorgo

Hellow

What I want to do is to send e-mail from my asp page thru ms.echange server.
Does anybody know how to do it ?

- Ms.Exchange and IIS are working on diffrent machines.
- I have special account on MS.exchange with I can use to send e-mail-s

thanks for any information and link about this problem

Mariusz

Chris Barber

You could try using ASPMail (cheap but good) / ASPEmail (free I think) third
party components to do it - CDO is a bit funny some times.

You could also run your own local email server such as MTS (www.mtspro.com)
which is cheap (even free for single domain version I think), small, and
easy to use.

Chris.

Hellow

What I want to do is to send e-mail from my asp page thru ms.echange server.
Does anybody know how to do it ?

- Ms.Exchange and IIS are working on diffrent machines.
- I have special account on MS.exchange with I can use to send e-mail-s

thanks for any information and link about this problem

Mariusz

Jeff Cochran

Hellow

What I want to do is to send e-mail from my asp page thru ms.echange server.
Does anybody know how to do it ?

- Ms.Exchange and IIS are working on diffrent machines.
- I have special account on MS.exchange with I can use to send e-mail-s

thanks for any information and link about this problem

Configure SMTP on the IIS system with the Exchange server as a smart
host and use any of the methods available. Or configure the
particular component or method to use the Exchange server as the SMTP
server. Using CDO you can access the Exchange server directly.

See:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2119

Jeff