    I want to get the asp files into Visual Studio.net so I can eventually
    upgrade them to aspx (ASP.NET).

    How do I go about doing this?
    Dave F, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Dave F

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:14:07 -0700, "Dave F" <> wrote:

    >I have an ASP project in Visual InterDev that I would like to move to Visual
    >Studio.Net 2003.
    >
    >Does Visual Studio Net support this?
    >
    >I want to get the asp files into Visual Studio.net so I can eventually
    >upgrade them to aspx (ASP.NET).
    >
    >How do I go about doing this?

    ASP files are plain text. They can be edited in any text editor, even
    Interdev and VS.NET. You don't "get them into" the editor, you simply
    open them.

    ASP to ASP.NET isn't a simple "upgrade". They are two differing
    technologies, and while code may transport across it often isn't
    relevant.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Dave F

    Dave F Guest

    I want to "ease" into this upgrade.

    Can I combine two projects in one web site; a ASP classic project developed in VID and a ASP.Net project developed in VS.Net?

    IOW is it possible to publish from VS.Net into an existing ASP classic web site on IIS 6.0 so that both types of pages will be accessible? Or should I make them separate webs or virtual directories?

    And can anyone comment on whether the following Wrox book is helpful?

    "ASP to ASP.NET Migration Handbook: Concepts and Strategies for Successful Migration"

    Thanks
    Dave

    Dave F, Jul 14, 2004