    thhnaks in adv.

    sg
    , May 12, 2005

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 12 mei 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have asp page file0.asp which calls another asp page thru include.

    This is not strictly true.

    This is not "calling":
    An include just includes the litteral text of the other file before
    having the asp engine execute the total and then the asp engine renders
    the HTML to be sent to the client.

    > so i want to display multiple pages on user request inside file0.asp.
    > But originally when file0.asp loads it should have file1.asp.
    >
    > shouild i use include / server.execute/ server.transfer/
    > response.redirect

    Did you try? [We all learn more from trying then from asking.]

    I would do it the other way around:

    === file1.asp ==

    ... include first part of file0.asp ..
    your file1.asp text
    ... include last of file0.asp ..

    ===

    and

    === file2.asp ==

    ... include first part of file0.asp ..
    your file2.asp text
    ... include last of file0.asp ..

    ===

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., May 12, 2005

  3. Agoston Bejo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > May be this problem is older, however i am not able to find a solution
    > THe problem ...
    >
    > I have asp page file0.asp which calls another asp page thru include. I
    > have to set conditions tht....
    > originally the include should have file1.asp
    > In the displayed file file1.asp user selects a hyperlink, it should
    > take it as request and display the new file2.asp in same file0.asp in
    > place of file1.asp.
    >
    > so i want to display multiple pages on user request inside file0.asp.
    > But originally when file0.asp loads it should have file1.asp.
    >
    > shouild i use include / server.execute/ server.transfer/
    > response.redirect

    You have two options:

    1. When the hyperlink is selected, reload file0.asp and based on the
    condition Server.Execute either file1.asp or file2.asp.

    2. Use an IFRAME element, and load the appropriate page into it when the
    hyperlink is clicked. (I think you can do it without JavaScript, but I'm not
    sure.)

    Agoston Bejo, May 13, 2005