    the include pages wouldn't contain any asp script, all html.
    thanks
    jeff
    Jeff, Feb 22, 2006

  2. Jeff

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "Jeff" <> wrote:

    >When writing ASP pages that have include pages, is best to make the include
    >pages as txt, asp, inc??? which format would be the most efficient.

    You mean what extension should you use? There's certainly no
    difference in efficiency. "inc" makes it clear to the maintainer (you)
    that this file is intended to be included. "html" would make it clear
    that the file contains HTML.

    Pick whatever helps you to remember how your site works.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)
    Tim Slattery, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Jeff wrote:
    > When writing ASP pages that have include pages, is best to make the
    > include pages as txt, asp, inc??? which format would be the most
    > efficient.
    >
    > the include pages wouldn't contain any asp script, all html.
    > thanks
    > jeff

    No efficiency gains, but unless you go into your website configuration and
    change the mappings, a person will be able to download that inc or txt file
    by browsing to it. Using a .asp extension will prevent it from being
    downloaded

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 22, 2006
  4. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Ok. up to this point, i have been using .asp i just got to thinking today,
    as someone asked me about making an include page that contained the DB
    connection.

    thanks for the replies.
    Jeff

    Jeff, Feb 22, 2006
  5. Jeff

    Paxton Guest

    Jeff wrote:

    > "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > > Jeff wrote:
    > >> When writing ASP pages that have include pages, is best to make the
    > >> include pages as txt, asp, inc??? which format would be the most
    > >> efficient.
    > >>
    > >> the include pages wouldn't contain any asp script, all html.
    > >> thanks
    > >> jeff

    > > No efficiency gains, but unless you go into your website configuration and
    > > change the mappings, a person will be able to download that inc or txt
    > > file
    > > by browsing to it. Using a .asp extension will prevent it from being
    > > downloaded
    > >
    > > --
    > > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    > > Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    > > header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    > > quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    > >

    > Ok. up to this point, i have been using .asp i just got to thinking today,
    > as someone asked me about making an include page that contained the DB
    > connection.
    >
    > thanks for the replies.
    > Jeff

    I ALWAYS put db connection includes in an .asp file. I might be able
    to persuade the current hosting company that I use to change mappings
    for inc files, but I can't be guranteed that the next hosting company
    will comply if I ever have to move hosts.

    /P.
    Paxton, Feb 23, 2006