ASP & Internationalization

Jane Giles

Hi.

I have some foreign characters in my database. When I try to display it in
its corresponding language in IE, it shows exactly what's in the database.
I have encoding to the language.

For example, in my ASP file, I have the following:

<%= rs("articlename") %>

Since my IE is set to Chinese (for testing purpose), it shows ¾çÁØ½Ä in the
combo box.

For debugging purpose, if don't use <%= rs("articlename") %> and hard code
it with ¾çÁؽÄ, then the foreign characters display properly.

Any tips? If possible, please CC to (e-mail address removed).

Thanks.