ASP & Internationalization

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jane Giles, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Jane Giles

    Jane Giles Guest

    Hi.

    I have some foreign characters in my database. When I try to display it in
    its corresponding language in IE, it shows exactly what's in the database.
    I have encoding to the language.

    For example, in my ASP file, I have the following:

    <%= rs("articlename") %>

    Since my IE is set to Chinese (for testing purpose), it shows ¾çÁØ½Ä in the
    combo box.

    For debugging purpose, if don't use <%= rs("articlename") %> and hard code
    it with ¾çÁؽÄ, then the foreign characters display properly.

    Any tips? If possible, please CC to .

    Thanks.

    Jane Giles, Sep 25, 2003