    displays fine via <%= intNewID %>. But when I tested it using
    IsNumeric(intNewID), it returned False.

    Why is that?

    Uncle Ben, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Maybe you could show your actual code?

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Mar 3, 2005

  3. Uncle Ben wrote:
    > I wrote a stored procedure to INSERT a new row in the database. It
    > returns the new ID via @@IDENTITY.
    >
    > This value is read by my ASP and stored in variable intNewID. The
    > value displays fine via <%= intNewID %>. But when I tested it using
    > IsNumeric(intNewID), it returned False.

    Just for the record, IsNumeric is not part of ASP.

    Since you didn't post your code, I'll guess that you're reading a recordset,
    and assigning the variable something like this:

    intNewID = objRS("ID")

    Do you note any difference if you change it to this?

    intNewID = objRS.Fields("ID").Value

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Uncle Ben

    Evertjan. Guest

    Dave Anderson wrote on 03 mrt 2005 in
    > Just for the record, IsNumeric is not part of ASP.

    You are right, it is part of asp-vbscript.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 3, 2005