Asp Javascript language paging larger database record sets

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by zfarooq01@hotmail.com, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Asp Javascript language paging larger database record sets

    i am firmiliar with asp javascript and not asp VB.

    i can display the results ok, but if i return 100 records from my table
    i would like it to display 5 records per page. i have looked at asp
    recordset paging on several sites, however cannot find any scripts that
    work with ASP JAVASCRIPT.

    can anyone help?????????????????????????

    below is the code that i have used in my pages
    email me
    thanks zibby1199

    Database Connection File

    <%@ LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" %>
    <%
    myconn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection");
    mydb = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
    (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\onlinedata\\webs\\PhoneUnlockers.net\\test\\BizOpps\\BizOpps.mdb";
    myconn.Open (mydb);
    rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");

    %>

    Display Page
    <%

    sql = "Select * from tblUser" ;
    rs=myconn.Execute(sql);
    while (!rs.eof)
    {
    %>
    Name: <%=rs("Name")%>,
    DOB: <%=rs("DOB")%>,
    Address: <%=rs("Address")%>

    <%
    rs.movenext();
    }
    rs.Close();
    %>
    , Sep 29, 2006

  2. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Asp Javascript language paging larger database record sets
    >
    > i am firmiliar with asp javascript and not asp VB.
    >
    > i can display the results ok, but if i return 100 records from my table
    > i would like it to display 5 records per page. i have looked at asp
    > recordset paging on several sites, however cannot find any scripts that
    > work with ASP JAVASCRIPT.
    >
    > can anyone help?????????????????????????

    [snip]

    URL:http://databases.aspfaq.com/database/how-do-i-page-through-a-recordset.h
    tml
    McKirahan, Sep 29, 2006

  3. zibby1199 Guest

    that url does not work

    thanks for the reply though.
    zibby1199, Sep 30, 2006
  4. Evertjan. Guest

    zibby1199 wrote on 30 Sep 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > that url does not work
    >
    > thanks for the reply though.

    Where are you posting about?

    [please always quote on usenet]