asp login and password to custom page?

Brian Roccoforte

I'm trying to create a login and password field that will take the user to
their own designated personal user page, depending on the username and
password used. I am using an access database connected through ODBC on a
windows server. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Peter Rilling

Do you have a specific question.

Basically you could use forms authentication that is part of ASP.NET. The
system will automatically redirect the user to a login page when the user is
not logged in. Once you have indicated to ASP.NET that the user can use the
system, they could then be redirected to a common page that can then
determine which home they should use.

I know this is kind of a general explanation, but without as specific
question this is all I can offer. Basically, search MSDN or Google for
"forms authentication" and you should get all the articles that you need.

Paul Singleton

Brian,

In your Access database, you'd have a field in the USERS table, along
with username and password, that would be URL or something.

When users log in, it checks their URL field and then does a
response.redirect.

Sample code available upon request.

Paul