    give me your thoughts?

    regards,

    Me

    A P, Jun 7, 2005

  2. A P wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have existing login page that will check accounts table from my
    > database if the user is allowed to log on to the system. I use
    > session to save user variable. Every page that I will make, I always
    > ask if the session where I save the user variable exist, and if not,
    > it will redirect to login page. Is the the best way to control a web
    > application using ASP. If not, can you give me your thoughts?

    Sounds good to me. Do you have any specific concerns?

    You should use an include page to check if the user is logged in. it will
    save you some typing.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 8, 2005

  3. A P

    A P Guest

    Hi Curt,
    is there any other method doing this since this method is only done my me.

    Me

    A P, Jun 8, 2005
  4. A P

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:24:59 +0800, "A P" <> wrote:

    >is there any other method doing this since this method is only done my me.

    Windows accounts. But that uses client licenses and is impractical in
    many internet apps. Or ASP.NET options which improve on security
    models.

    FWIW, many apps do exactly as you have mentioned. You have issues
    with maintaining sessions in clustered environments, and session
    timeouts, but those won't affect most apps.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 8, 2005
  5. A P

    Ken Jenkins Guest