    ()

    -----------------------------
    This message is posted by http://asp.forumszone.com

    Shiraj, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Shiraj

    Evertjan. Guest

    Shiraj wrote on 26 sep 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have a problem,
    > I can display some text 5 times using a loop
    > and i want to pass those printed
    > values to another page when i clicked send button.if you know the
    > method please email me.
    > thank you.
    > ()

    Does not seem possible serverside [ASP], because by "printed" I suppose you
    mean put on the screen by the browser.

    Please ask a clientside NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Sep 26, 2005

  3. Shiraj wrote:
    > I have a problem,
    > I can display some text 5 times using a loop
    > and i want to pass those printed
    > values to another page when i clicked send button.if you know the
    > method please email me.
    > thank you.
    > ()

    Put them into form elements and use the Send button to submit the form.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 26, 2005
  4. Shiraj

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Generally speaking you can pass variables from page to page by:

    1) Posting form fields from one page to the next (or to the same page)
    and on the page to retrieve the value strLName = Request.Form("LName")

    2) Using a querystring such as Response.Redirect
    "login.asp?lname=smith&fname=tom" and on the page to retrieve the values
    strLName = Request.QueryString("lname") and strFName =
    Request.QueryString("fname")

    3) Using session variables such as Session("LName") = "Smith" and on the
    page to retrieve the value strLName = Session("LName")

    4) Using cookie variables such as Cookie("LName") = "Smith" and on the
    page to retrieve the value strLName = Cookie("LName")

    5) Storing data in a database on one page and then retrieving it from
    the database on the other page.

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Classic ASP Design Tips, ASP Web Database Sample

    <<

    Bullschmidt, Sep 29, 2005