asp mail without using a mail component

Michel

I'm looking for an asp code who can send an email without using a mail
component.
I started to write somethings using winsock but I don't have enough time to
finish it.
Does somebody have a such code?

Thank you
Michel

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

No, why don't you just use a component? Most hosts support at least one,
plus you can also send mail from a database ...

Jeff Cochran

I'm looking for an asp code who can send an email without using a mail
component.
I started to write somethings using winsock but I don't have enough time to
finish it.
Does somebody have a such code?

In effect, you don't want to use a component so you were writing your
own. Why don't you want to use a mail component?

Jeff

Michel

Hi
This is for an internal political reason. There isn't any technical
reason...
So if any body has somethings....

Michel

Ray at

Personally, instead of putting effort into coming up with a way to send
e-mail without a component, I'd divert that energy into fighting the
"political reason." But, I know that's easier said than done...

You can create an e-mail with the file system object and drop the file in an
SMTP server's pickup directory. Like, if you have a server named SMTPSERVER
with a shared Inetpub directory, you could do something like:

Dim oFSO, oFile

Set oFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set oFile =
oFSO.CreateTextFile(\\SMTPSERVER\InetpubShare\mailroot\pickup\anEmail.eml")
oFile.WriteLine "X-Receiver: (e-mail address removed)"
oFile.WriteLine "X-Sender: (e-mail address removed)"
oFile.WriteLine "To: <[email protected]>"
oFile.WriteLine "Subject: Test FSO E-Mail"
oFile.WriteLine vbCrLf
oFile.WriteLine "Test e-mail FSO"
oFile.Close
Set oFile = Nothing