    Does somebody have a such code?

    Thank you
    Michel

    Michel, Jul 14, 2004

  2. No, why don't you just use a component? Most hosts support at least one,
    plus you can also send mail from a database ...

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 14, 2004

  3. Michel

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:51:50 +0200, "Michel" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm looking for an asp code who can send an email without using a mail
    >component.
    >I started to write somethings using winsock but I don't have enough time to
    >finish it.
    >Does somebody have a such code?

    In effect, you don't want to use a component so you were writing your
    own. Why don't you want to use a mail component?

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Michel

    Michel Guest

    Hi
    This is for an internal political reason. There isn't any technical
    reason...
    So if any body has somethings....

    Michel

    Michel, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Michel

    Ray at Guest

    Personally, instead of putting effort into coming up with a way to send
    e-mail without a component, I'd divert that energy into fighting the
    "political reason." But, I know that's easier said than done...

    You can create an e-mail with the file system object and drop the file in an
    SMTP server's pickup directory. Like, if you have a server named SMTPSERVER
    with a shared Inetpub directory, you could do something like:

    Dim oFSO, oFile

    Set oFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set oFile =
    oFSO.CreateTextFile(\\SMTPSERVER\InetpubShare\mailroot\pickup\anEmail.eml")
    oFile.WriteLine "X-Receiver: "
    oFile.WriteLine "X-Sender: "
    oFile.WriteLine "To: <>"
    oFile.WriteLine "Subject: Test FSO E-Mail"
    oFile.WriteLine vbCrLf
    oFile.WriteLine "Test e-mail FSO"
    oFile.Close
    Set oFile = Nothing