    If I use "=" instead of LIKE, it works. (field1 is string type). But I need
    LIKE...

    Why have this? Any idea?

    SÁRINGER Zoltán, Aug 21, 2004

  2. SÁRINGER Zoltán

    joker Guest

    What is the exact error message you are receiving?

    joker, Aug 21, 2004

  3. SÁRINGER Zoltán wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have an ASP page using Jet 4.0 oldeb provider for mdb. (ADO 2.8).
    > I use the _same_ code in ASP from my well working VB application.
    > The problem is:
    >
    > when I do the same "SELECT * FROM table WHERE field1 LIKE '%asdf%' "
    > query, it works in Access (SQL query) or in my VB .exe code, but
    > generates OLE automation error in ASP. The same code!!!
    > If I use "=" instead of LIKE, it works. (field1 is string type). But
    > I need LIKE...
    >
    > Why have this? Any idea?

    Show us the error message.

    Are you using dynamic sql? If so, Use response.write to see the actual
    query being sent to the database.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 21, 2004
  4. First, thank you for your replies...!

    I've put onto web the screenshots:

    http://www.optinfo.hu/helpme/ie_err.jpg (hungarian message in IE about the
    500.x http error, and error number)
    http://www.optinfo.hu/helpme/jet_like_error.jpg (debug screen in Interdev,
    on the line: rs.open "SELECT...")

    the connectionstring is:

    str_conn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Database
    Password=;Data Source=g:\vb60\autoflex-feladatutemezo\db\feladat.mdb;"

    Everything else are the defaults. Really, if I change "LIKE" to "equal" it
    works. This is a very simple code!!!! What do you recommend? Why doesnt work
    this simple query in ASP, what is the difference using the same ADODB
    component in VB6 or in ASP? (How can I ensure that ASP uses ADO 2.8.. (in
    VB6 I can select in the referencies, but in ASP...?)

    waiting for your suggestions...
    Zoltan

    SÁRINGER Zoltán, Aug 22, 2004
  5. SÁRINGER Zoltán wrote:
    > First, thank you for your replies...!
    >
    > I've put onto web the screenshots:
    >
    > http://www.optinfo.hu/helpme/ie_err.jpg (hungarian message in IE
    > about the 500.x http error, and error number)
    > http://www.optinfo.hu/helpme/jet_like_error.jpg (debug screen in
    > Interdev, on the line: rs.open "SELECT...")
    >
    > the connectionstring is:
    >
    > str_conn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Jet OLEDB:Database
    > Password=;Data Source=g:\vb60\autoflex-feladatutemezo\db\feladat.mdb;"

    If g: is a mapped network drive, your IUSR account will probably not be able
    to find it. You should use the UNC nomenclature in that case. Also, you need
    to force this website to run under a domain account instead of the default
    local IUSR account. Based on your below statement that changing "LIKE" to
    "=", I doubt that this is your problem, In fact, I've probably wasted my
    time typing this, since if this was a problem, you would be talking to us
    about connection failure instead of OLE Automation Error ....

    > Everything else are the defaults. Really, if I change "LIKE" to
    > "equal" it works. This is a very simple code!!!! What do you
    > recommend? Why doesnt work this simple query in ASP, what is the
    > difference using the same ADODB component in VB6 or in ASP? (How can
    > I ensure that ASP uses ADO 2.8.. (in VB6 I can select in the
    > referencies, but in ASP...?)
    >
    > waiting for your suggestions...
    > Zoltan

    Everything I've found about this error indicates a problem with your MDAC
    installation. Go to the microsoft site and download the Component Checker
    which will verify the problem (mismatched dll's). The fix will depend on
    your operationg system.

    Bob barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 22, 2004
  6. SÁRINGER Zoltán wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Bob, attached the result of component checker.

    I'm not the person who needs to see that. If it contains errors, and you do
    not know how to correct them, then you need to call MS Product Support.

    > I have simple JET database with simple query. It works from Access

    <snip>

    > Please help me!

    I'm stumped. There is nothing to be found in Google about your error beyond
    there being a problem with MDAC.I've read that MDAC problem in W2K can be
    corrected by running Windows Setup and choosing the Repair option.

    Beyond that I think you need to call MS Product Support. If you get this
    resolved we would appreciate you posting the solution so we can help the
    next person with this problem.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 23, 2004
  7. What is the data type of the field "megjegyzes"?

    --
    Brendan Reynolds (Access MVP)
    http://brenreyn.blogspot.com

    The spammers and script-kiddies have succeeded in making it impossible for
    me to use a real e-mail address in public newsgroups. E-mail replies to
    this post will be deleted without being read. Any e-mail claiming to be
    from brenreyn at indigo dot ie that is not digitally signed by me with a
    GlobalSign digital certificate is a forgery and should be deleted without
    being read. Follow-up questions should in general be posted to the
    newsgroup, but if you have a good reason to send me e-mail, you'll find
    a useable e-mail address at the URL above.

    "SÁRINGER Zoltán" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Bob, attached the result of component checker.
    >
    > I have simple JET database with simple query. It works from Access and VB
    > and WSH, but generates OLE automation error in ASP. The exact problem is

    the
    > LIKE operator. If I change this to '=', works!
    > The PC is pure:
    > - W2000 SP4, (hun)
    > - JET SP8, (hun)
    > - MDAC 2.8, (hun)
    > - VB6-Interdev SP6
    > only on clean w2000 works, but i don't know what software installation
    > causes the problem. Maybe language or national setting problem somewhere

    in

    Brendan Reynolds, Aug 23, 2004
  8. field "megjegyzes" is:
    string (250), unicode, "non required", non indexed, no allow NULLs

    but in w2k works, just some software installation messes it up. Now I'm
    going to install opsys from the begining, and watch when will not work...

    SÁRINGER Zoltán, Aug 24, 2004