asp:menu dynamichoverstyle backcolor does not work..

webmaster

dynamichoverstyle backcolor does not work..

When I hover over the bg color does not change. Anybody know why? The
only source I have is this aspx page. I am on asp.net 2.0 and I check
IIS and it's set to 2.0 as well. I'm running windows 2000 and IIS 5.0

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<head runat="server">
</head>

<form runat="server">

<asp:Menu ID="x5" ForeColor="blue" backcolor="white"
orientation="Vertical"
runat="server">
<dynamichoverstyle backcolor="red" forecolor="Black"/>

<Items>
<asp:MenuItem NavigateUrl="x.aspx?s=y" Text="Fence
Styles" Value="Fences" tooltip="x" > </asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem NavigateUrl="x.aspx?s=z" Text="Gate Styles"
Value="Gates"></asp:MenuItem>
</Items>
</asp:menu>
</form>

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi, this is happening because you have set DynamicHoverStyle on a menu with
StaticMenuItems. For static menu items use the StaticHoverStyle. Only for
items that are flyout items, that dropdown are considered DynamicHoverStyle,
which you do not have in your menu.

Instead try :
<asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server" BackColor="White" ForeColor="Blue">
<Items>
<asp:MenuItem Text="New Item" Value="New
Item"></asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="New Item" Value="New
Item"></asp:MenuItem>
</Items>
<StaticHoverStyle BackColor="Red" ForeColor="Black" />
</asp:Menu>

Regards,
Alessandro Zifiglio
http://www.AsyncUI.net