    /> tag or creating the menu dynamically either from a (Xml) datasource or in
    code?

    Mark
    Mark Rae, Jun 20, 2006

  2. I like the new menu control enough I created one for 1.1. More of an
    exercise to use the same XML file to make a site easier to upgrade to 2.0.

    Usually, I use XML in the directory, as the menu does not normally change
    from deploy to deploy on the sites I am working on. I see dynamic generation
    as a rarety, as you have a lot of flexibility in the XML.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jun 20, 2006

  3. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    Demetri,

    >I am confused, are you Tom? I did answer the question he asked I believe.

    Looks like my newsgroup reader has got its knickers in a twist - again!

    >But, to answer yours, I am a strong proponent of Microsoft products. The
    >reason being is that I'd much rather have something constructed by the
    >source than a 3rd party. My basis for that is, go take a look at the
    >controls themselves using Reflector, they are EXTREMELY well constructed
    >with extensibility in mind.

    Yes, I'd generally agree with that. Like I mentioned in my OP, I've moved
    away from my previously preferred 3rd-party component in favour of the new
    Microsoft one...

    >In addition, third party components (most of them at least) are not as
    >simple as drag and drop. Rather, they require you to copy scripts, manually
    >make references to stylesheets and scripts. Microsoft understand that most
    >people don't want to be bothered with all of that but like the ease of drag
    >and drop and get to more important things.

    Ah, well now there we fundamentally disagree. I (almost) never drag and drop
    components from the Toolbox, much preferring to code things myself. This is
    especially true of the ADO components...

    >Anyway, that's my 30 second 2 cents worth.

    Thanks for it.

    Mark
    Mark Rae, Jun 21, 2006