ASP.NET 1.1 - Controlling access to pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ray Booysen, May 23, 2006.

  1. Ray Booysen

    Ray Booysen Guest

    Hi all

    I have an XML file with pretty much the 1.1 version of a sitemap. In
    the xml file, we store whether the user is an admin or not (our
    permission structure only calls for "Users" and "Admins")

    I need to control access to pages by what is in this xml file. Any good
    ideas on implementation?

    At the moment, on the first call, the menu.xml file is put into the
    cache with a file dependency on the file to make sure if the file
    changes, the cache is current.

    Should I pull the cached XmlDocument from the cache and find out from
    there? Or is there a better solution?

    Regards
    Ray
    Ray Booysen, May 23, 2006