ASP.net 1.1 debugging on IIS with .net 2.0

Karim mohamed

Hello ,

I have an Application developed using ASP.net 1.1 and i want to debug it
under the pool of the Moss 2007 which using .net 2.0 ?

Is there is a solution for this situaiton ?

Regards,

Karim Mohamed

Guest

Yes. Load the project in Visual Studio 2005 and allow it to be converted to
2005.
Peter

Samuel R. Neff

If you can convert th esolution then open it in VS 2005 and convert it
to a .NET 2.0 / VS2005 solution (will happen automatically).

If you don't want to convert it, then open VS 2005 and just open the
file you want to put a breakpoint in. Add a breakpoint and then
attach to iis. You'll be able to step through the code even if you
don't have the solution/project loaded. I do this all the time for an
open source library we use which is written in .net 1.1.

HTH,

Sam

Karim mohamed

Hello Peter,

I don't want to convert it , cause I have a lot of .net 1.1 sites developed
and I want to migrate from MOSS 2003 to MOSS 2007 and it dosen't make sense
that I convert all the sites, this is the last option and the hard one.

Regards,

Karim Mohamed

Samuel R. Neff

Not im my situation. It's an open source project and the open source
code maintains a VS2003 solution and project. If I try to convert it
I'll have a heck of a time maintaining updates and contributing
patches.

Perhaps for the original poster it's an option though..

Sam