ASP.NET 1.1 Forms Authentication

david.reck

I am trying to get the example on the msdn site to work

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT02.asp

How To: Use Forms Authentication with Active Directory in ASP.NET 1.1

I am having an issue in the Application_AuthenticateRequest method of
the global.asax page.

in the login page my user name and password authenticate to the domain
fine. then the code creates the ticket, encrypts it and adds a new
cookie to the response. I copied the code exactly the way it is in the
documentation and I can see the cookie in the response with a value
before the Response.Redirect call.

When the Application_AuthenticateRequest method is executed after the
Response.Redirect line the only cookie in the Context.Request.Cookies
is the ASP.NET_SessionId cookie. I can't figure it out. I changed my
browser settings to the lowest level to allow all types of cookies. I
saw some other posts about having an underscore in your machine name,
but I don't have that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.