ASP.NET 1.1 / IIS 6.0 Service account

Guest

Hello,

I started to use IIS 6.0 and created a web site (anonymous authentication
enabled with domain account). This web site contains several apps (web
services and "plain" web apps) and I want those apps to use its own app pool
running with its own domain account (identity) rather than default setting
(network service).
All but one of these apps are ASP.NET 1.1, the other is ASP.NET 2.0

Since my first attempt to make this work actually didn't work; I got the
Event ID errors 1057 and 1059 ... "the identity of the app pool is invalid"
... I did some research and found the following "how to article":

How To: Create a Service Account for an ASP.NET 2.0 Application

Is there any equivalent procedure to accomplish this for ASP.NET 1.1 ?
Or simply I use the "aspnet_regiis -ga .." so that the domain accounts have
now access to the IIS metabase and then manually assign write permission to
the framework 1.1 temporary asp.net files ?

or should I turn to this other article ?
Metaacl.exe modifying metabase permissions for the IIS Admin Objects
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/267904

Anoter thing .. according to the "how to" article the aspnet_regiis -ga ..
"makes a number of global changes. If you want to restrict access to specific
folders, you need to manually adjust the ACLs on those folders."
What are those global changes ?

Thanks,
Cesar