ASP.Net 1.1 not Responding???

EDOnLine

Ok, I'm stuck. Yes, I'm fairly new to this but I thought I had a better
understand of how things work. So I need some help, please!

I'm setting up a test box to use while modifying a dll that runs our home
page. It's a XP Pro box, IIS 5, with ASP.Net 1.1 installed. Same setup I
used when originally creating the site and dll. The drive has been
reformatted since then, however, as I mentioned all the necessary pieces
seem to be installed.

When I try to browse to the home page I get the following error....

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource
'http://libsys-test/'. Line 1, Position 2

<%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
%>
-^

The first few lines of my page follows....

<%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
%>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="LibCTRL" TagName="NewsFeed"
Src="_includes/newsfeed.ascx" %>

I remove my first two lines and the registered custom control located in the
middle of the page. When I try browsing again I get the following error...

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

End tag 'head' does not match the start tag 'link'. Error processing
resource 'http://localhost/'. Line 12, Position 3

</head>
--^

So I remove my third line....

And now I can actually browse to my page. However, it appears that none of
my #include instructions are working (<!--#include
file="_includes/footer.htm" -->). No footer appears on my page.

Yes, this page and directory structure works correctly on our main server.
It's like any kind of ASP.Net or server processing isn't happening.

Any ideas? Am I overlooking something simple. I have reinstlled the 1.1
update.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!

-- ERiC

Juan T. Llibre

What is the reasoning for you to include this line :

in an *.aspx page ?

re:
none of my #include instructions are working (<!--#include file="_includes/footer.htm" -->).

You shouldn't use includes in asp.net. Use user controls, instead.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
============

EDOnLine

Correct. I've been told it was left over from a template file and was
missed on clean up.

The footer include is there just because it was easy. :) And was
forgotten.

EDOnLine

I seem to have moved beyond the error I was getting. I did an uninstall for
everything related to the .Net framework and then reinstalled it.

However, now I'm getting the following error. I think it may be permissions
for the ASPNET account. Any suggestions???

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'LibWebCtrl'.

Source Error:

Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 257: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 258: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 259: </assemblies>
Line 260:

Source File:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
258

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'LibWebCtrl' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = LibWebCtrl
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: LibWebCtrl
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/root/2135a508/8d69a834/LibWebCtrl.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/root/2135a508/8d69a834/LibWebCtrl/LibWebCtrl.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/bin/LibWebCtrl.DLL.