    1.1 only? If so, how?

    --
    mark b
    =?Utf-8?B?bWFyaw==?=, Aug 2, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWFyaw==?=

    Showjumper Guest

    Here are some links i found via google:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vs2005 asp.net 1.1
    The first 2 look promising.

    Showjumper, Aug 3, 2007

  3. Two important things:

    1) the jomo fisher hot fix hack is great for c# windows applications but
    there is no obvious parallel patch for developing web forms (with any VS
    language)

    2) the side by side work-around (al least the one I looked into) requires
    access to the server's iis and this is not possible when the server is a
    private third party web hosting company.

    =?Utf-8?B?bXIgcGVhbnV0?=, Aug 3, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bWFyaw==?=

    Patrice Guest

    Do you still have VS 2003 installed ? If yes your best is IMO to install
    side by side and use VS 2003 for 1.1 applications and VS 2005 for 2.0
    applications.

    For now each VS release is bind with a particular framework version though
    hacks might be possible. VS 2008 shoudl allow to choose the targeted
    framework (not sure which they'll suport thought).

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Aug 3, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWFyaw==?=

    Evan M. Guest

    On Aug 3, 7:20 am, "Patrice" <http://www.chez.com/scribe/> wrote:
    > Do you still have VS 2003 installed ? If yes your best is IMO to install
    > side by side and use VS 2003 for 1.1 applications and VS 2005 for 2.0
    > applications.
    >
    > For now each VS release is bind with a particular framework version though
    > hacks might be possible. VS 2008 shoudl allow to choose the targeted
    > framework (not sure which they'll suport thought).
    >
    > --
    > Patrice
    >
    > "mark" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    >

    > >I have been using VS 2005 since its introduction. Prior to that I used VS
    > > 2003...For Windows Applications Programming.

    > > Recently, I had need to develop a simple web form application which I did
    > > in
    > > VS 2005. Then I tried to deploy it on a server that was running ASP.NET1.1
    > > and not ASP.NET 2.0.

    > > It would not run. I was informed that it could not be made to run. I tried
    > > several hacks and work-arounds and failed.

    > > I understand the question has come up before but I am (in my searches)
    > > unable to find a coherent and unambiguous answer.

    > > Can I, using VS 2005, develop web applications for servers running ASP.NET
    > > 1.1 only? If so, how?

    > > --
    > > mark b- Hide quoted text -

    VS 2008 will support targeted Framerwork development for .NET 2.0,
    3.0, and 3.5. You will still need previous versions of VS.NET for .NET
    1.x development
    Evan M., Aug 3, 2007
  6. When I tried to run VS2003 for web apps in parallel with VS 2005 I had to
    install iis for the debugger. I was given the option to use asp.net 1.1 but
    the file location for asp 1.1 was fixed at the framework 2.0 directory
    (greyed out). When I ran the debugger on a program I got an error message:

    Access to the path "d:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files\firstweb\9c9d46f0\ceeb61c0" is denied.

    But, and this is weird, I couldn't change the permissions for the
    d:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files.
    (Interestingly, there were no items subordinate to this directory.) It would
    appear to be changed but I continued to get the same error.

    =?Utf-8?B?bXIgcGVhbnV0?=, Aug 3, 2007