ASP.NET 1.1 VERSION ON WIN SERVER 2003 SP1 & VS 2003 Arch.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RHIuIFBhdWwgQ2Flc2FyIC0gQ291bGxCeXRlIChV, Apr 30, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    Something weird is going on and has been for some time so I have decided to
    get some help!

    I have Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1.
    Installed is IIS 6 and .NET Framework 1.1 with Service Pack 2 (also installed
    is .NET Framework 2.0 Beta 2)

    I have multiple webs in IIS all using .NET Framework 1.1. Out of all these
    webs only one of them brings up the following error on load through Visual
    Studio 2003:

    Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running
    ASP.NET version 1.1

    I have done all the repair checks, reinstalling to no joy, even the server
    is a clean install. This problem was present before .NET Framework 2.0 Beta
    was installed.

    All the websites are of same configuration and the website in question run's
    without any problems.

    I have even tried some stuff in other postings too no joy.

    One thing I have noticed is that when I load the project on my everyday
    laptop I get the pop up error and the project loads but on another laptop I
    get the popup but the project does not load - shows as unavailable.

    Both laptops are installed with Service Pack 2 on .NET Framework 1.1.

    Strange!

    Any ideas anyone?
    =?Utf-8?B?RHIuIFBhdWwgQ2Flc2FyIC0gQ291bGxCeXRlIChV, Apr 30, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RHIuIFBhdWwgQ2Flc2FyIC0gQ291bGxCeXRlIChV

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Dr. Paul Caesar - CoullByte (UK) Limited wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Something weird is going on and has been for some time so I have

    decided to
    > get some help!
    >
    > I have Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1.
    > Installed is IIS 6 and .NET Framework 1.1 with Service Pack 2 (also

    installed
    > is .NET Framework 2.0 Beta 2)
    >
    > I have multiple webs in IIS all using .NET Framework 1.1. Out of all

    these
    > webs only one of them brings up the following error on load through

    Visual
    > Studio 2003:
    >
    > Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not

    running
    > ASP.NET version 1.1
    >
    > I have done all the repair checks, reinstalling to no joy, even the

    server
    > is a clean install. This problem was present before .NET Framework

    2.0 Beta
    > was installed.
    >
    > All the websites are of same configuration and the website in

    question run's
    > without any problems.
    >
    > I have even tried some stuff in other postings too no joy.
    >
    > One thing I have noticed is that when I load the project on my

    everyday
    > laptop I get the pop up error and the project loads but on another

    laptop I
    > get the popup but the project does not load - shows as unavailable.
    >
    > Both laptops are installed with Service Pack 2 on .NET Framework 1.1.
    >
    > Strange!
    >
    > Any ideas anyone?

    Just don't use VS.NET :)
    Aquila Deus, Apr 30, 2005