ASP.NET 1.1 VERSION ON WIN SERVER 2003 SP1 & VS 2003 Arch.

Guest

Hi all,

Something weird is going on and has been for some time so I have decided to
get some help!

I have Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 1.
Installed is IIS 6 and .NET Framework 1.1 with Service Pack 2 (also installed
is .NET Framework 2.0 Beta 2)

I have multiple webs in IIS all using .NET Framework 1.1. Out of all these
webs only one of them brings up the following error on load through Visual
Studio 2003:

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running
ASP.NET version 1.1

I have done all the repair checks, reinstalling to no joy, even the server
is a clean install. This problem was present before .NET Framework 2.0 Beta
was installed.

All the websites are of same configuration and the website in question run's
without any problems.

I have even tried some stuff in other postings too no joy.

One thing I have noticed is that when I load the project on my everyday
laptop I get the pop up error and the project loads but on another laptop I
get the popup but the project does not load - shows as unavailable.

Both laptops are installed with Service Pack 2 on .NET Framework 1.1.

Strange!

Any ideas anyone?

Aquila Deus

Dr. Paul Caesar - CoullByte (UK) Limited said:
[...]

Just don't use VS.NET :)