ASP.net 2.0 & 3rd party components

Lee

If 3rd party components are written in 100% managed code, to .Net
hosting providers typically allow them to be used?

For instance, I download a credit card validator component which works
very nicely which I would very much like to use in my Asp 2.0 solution.

Thanks for input.

--
Warm Regards,
Lee

"Upon further investigation it appears that your software is missing
just one thing. It definitely needs more cow bell..."

Remy

Since .net components are x-copy capable (no installation necessary),
you can most of the time just copy them with your asp.net code to the
server. So technically it should be no issue. My provider allows them
officially, I think others too.

Remy Blaettler
www.collaboral.com

Lee

Remy enlightened me by writing:
Since .net components are x-copy capable (no installation necessary),
you can most of the time just copy them with your asp.net code to the
server. So technically it should be no issue. My provider allows them
officially, I think others too.

Remy Blaettler
www.collaboral.com

Thank you.

--
Warm Regards,
Lee

"Upon further investigation it appears that your software is missing
just one thing. It definitely needs more cow bell..."

Ken Cox

If they let you copy components into the /bin directory, you should be in
good shape.

Ken